For Whom is Registration Mandatory?
The following categories of suppliers need to mandatorily register irrespective of turnover:
· Taxable person carrying on interstate supply
· Casual and non-resident taxable persons
· Businesses liable to pay tax under reverse charge
· Agents supplying on behalf of a taxable person
· Input service distributor
· Sellers on e-commerce platforms
· All e-commerce operators
· Person supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from outside India to an unregistered person in India
· Persons responsible to deduct TDS
The Threshold limit in GST is categorized as per the Location –
1. North – East - Rs.10 Lakh
2. Jammu & Kashmir & Uttrakhand - Rs.10 Lakh
3. Other States - Rs.20 Lakh
All the existing taxpayers registered under VAT, Service Tax, and Excise are required to furnish the details at GST Common portal for the purpose of migrating themselves into GST regime. To begin with, the taxpayers registered under the State Vat Department needs to provide their details and period for furnishing these details are specified for every state. Once the taxpayers provide their details there will be no need for them to register again with the State or Center once the GST Act is implemented. Enrollment process for other existing taxpayers not registered with VAT will be started at a later date.
Existing dealers would be auto-migrated into GST regime but for the same they need to fill some details and re-register themselves.
GST Registration Process
Details To Be Filled For Migration
ü Provisional ID & Password (Provided by Concerned Tax Department)
ü Valid E-mail ID & Valid Mobile Number (For OTP & other details)
ü Bank A/c & IFSC Code
Documents To Attach For Migration
ü Proof of Constitution of Business (Certificate of Incorporation, Partnership deed etc)
ü Photo(s) of Promoters/Karta/Prop. etc
ü Proof of Appointment of Auth. Signatory
ü Photos of Auth. Signatory
ü Bank Statement’s opening Page (A/c No, Address of Branch, Address of Business etc)
It will be a 15-digit PAN based GSTIN. Small dealers with turnover below Rs50 Lakh have the option of adopting the Composition scheme and pay flat 1 to 4% tax on turnover.
Registration will be on www.gst.gov.in